Sunday, January 29, 2006

1965 Lemans 24 hr program


A year or so ago I was very lucky to receive a gift from a close family friend. Sarge Ranta has a long, interesting motorsports history that has included spectating at a good many of the events that make up our racing history. Along the way, he has collected programs, entry tickets and magazines and has kept them in immaculate condition. I've decided that The Garage would be a perfect place to share some of these wonderful treasures.

The program cover above is for the 1965 Lemans 24 hr race. Tucked away inside are an entry ticket, time comparison sheets & a colour track map. The entry list has all the legends of motorsport Miles, Bondurant, Surtees, Amon, Ginther, Gurney and cars from Shelby American, Ferrari, Porsche, Ford and more. Of course there is the winners Jochen Rindt & Masten Gregory with their Ferrari 275LM.

Over the next few months, I'll post more images. I have the program rom the 1964 British Grand Prix, a bunch of US & Canadian Grand Prix and come to think of it I've got some pretty cool programs of my own from the early eighties.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dorri732 said...

Very cool.

I actually posted an article today about LeMans.

http://dorri732.blogspot.com/2006/01/did-treaty-of-versailles-lead-to.html

I think that 1965 was the last year before Ferrari was dethroned by the Shelby Daytona Coupe.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google