Tuesday, August 16, 2005

To Kill a Kat

We have known for some time now that our cat has been heading towards the end of his long, healthy life. This morning when he fell down & didn't even try to get up, I knew the day had come. This is not the first time we've lost a pet, so I thought that it would be easier. And yet, here I was again, alone at the Vet's office crying in front of total strangers who claim to understand your pain just to make you feel better. Really, inside they are making silent jokes to themselves about this grown man who is blubbering away in front of them!

Oh yes... note to self: next time you have to end a special life, you might want to turn down the volume on the cell phone!

Back to the inner laughter of Veterinary professionals. I am far from cheap. I have friends who are cheap & I think I can tell the difference. I spent the day calling vets checking up on how much they wanted to rape me to off my cat. The price started at $210 and went up over $300!!! We are talking about the injection of about 4 ml of some deathly drug. Perhaps they are using premium unleaded. I called the clinic that had seen to the demise of our other cat & found the relative value of $165 plus gst. No wonder they are silently laughing at me.

Perhaps I should have taken Martin up on the offer to borrow my axe. On the other hand, maybe he could take one of my children in one swing as he had offered to do my cat. Cat haters may think I'm a wimp, but come on...he has lived with us for more than 16 years! We've been married for 17 and our oldest kid is 11. I think we should be upset!

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that a cat is as important as a human, it's just that we do become attached to them. Don't we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google